I would love to chat about elearning development and accessibility at ALA Annual in New Orleans! I’ve got three presentations/events lined up:
- Tutorials that are interactive, accessible, AND open? It’s possible with H5P!
Poster presenter, The Educators Poster Session
Saturday, June 23, 1:30 pm-3:00 pm
- Learning Roundtable Training Showcase
I will be attending this session and would love to chat about training!
Sunday, June 24, 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Open Educational Resources (OER): Where Libraries Are and Where We Are Going
Panelist, panel presentation hosted by ACRL Distance Learning Section.
Monday, June 25, 10:30 am-11:30 am
I do a lot of training on elearning development and accessibility. As a teaser for my poster session, here’s a shareable infographic on the H5P content types that are interactive and may be made fully accessible!
Click image for larger version!
Accessible H5P Activities
Content must be made accessible as well.
- Course Presentation
- Create a presentation with interactive slides
- Example: Multi-slide tutorial; combine multimedia content with activities
- Dialog Cards
- Create text-based turning cards
- Example: Flash cards; identify the image
- Drag & Drop
- Create drag and drop tasks with images
- Example: Put items into order; identify scholarly vs popular
- Drag the Words
- Create text-based drag and drop tasks
- Example: Assemble a citation; practice in-text citations
- Guess the Answer
- Create an image with a question and answer
- Example: Identify source format
- Image Hotspots
- Create an image with multiple info hotspots
- Example: Practice identifying parts of a scholarly article
- Interactive Video
- Create videos enriched with interactions
- Example: Insert knowledge checks into a video
- Mark the Words
- Create a task where users highlight words
- Example: Identify parts of a citation
- Quiz (Question Set)
- Create a sequence of various question types
- Example: Check for understanding; Trivia Games
Source: Accessible content types (1), Content descriptions (2)
1. H5P. Content type accessibility. H5P. https://h5p.org/documentation/installation/content-type-accessibility. 2. —. Examples and downloads. H5P. https://h5p.org/content-types-and-applications.