Now that I’ve been an Instructional Design Librarian for almost five months, it’s time I started blogging more about what I’m up to. I’m a brand new academic librarian in a brand new position at my library, so I’ve spent a lot of my time so far figuring out what it is I’m supposed to do here!
- I’ve gotten up to speed on tenure-track related responsibilities,
- I started blogging for ACRLog as a First Year Academic Librarian,
- I’ve created a few tutorial videos that revived our YouTube page,
- I’ve started design work on a new instructional module based on two of the new ACRL IL standards,
- I’ve finished a (terrible) first draft of a scholarly article.
Whew! I’m ready for winter break now! But first, I’m packing up my office in preparation to move to a new one close to the Faculty Development Center and technology resource centers so that I can grow relationships between myself, faculty, development staff, and the library!
Photo Credit: Pollak Library Flickr