Pollak Library Tour
- Vizor 360 Example: Pollak Library Tour
- Adobe Captivate 2019 Example: Pollak Library Tour
- Dropbox folder of map and 360 photos
- Download photo map for Pollak Library
Help and Support for Vizor 360
Examples of Virtual Reality
- National Gallery – Sainsbury Wing VR Tour
Created with Vizor 360
- Roman Theater
Created with H5P’s Virtual Reality Tour format
- Pollak Library Tour
Created by Lindsay with Vizor 360
- Ashford Castle
Cardboard Camera image taken by Lindsay loaded into Vizor 360
- San Jose Art Museum
Google Street View image taken by Lindsay loaded into Vizor 360
- Vizor 360
Create interactive virtual reality experiences with hotspots using 360 media.
Getting started with Vizor 360
Vizor 360 Demo – Library Tour (YouTube)
Create simple virtual reality tours using 360 media.
By the people that bring you Vizor 360. Develop interactive 3D modeled virtual reality worlds. Features visual programming. Can also insert 3D models into 360 images.
Getting started with Patches
- Google Expeditions
Free. Create expeditions using mobile devices.
Free demo. $35/year.
Free demo (first three “snaps” free). $98-112/year.
Tours + Quizzes
Create interactivity virtual reality experiences with hotspots and quizzes using 360 media. Output compatible with SCORM and xAPI. Free trial available.
- Adobe Captivate 2019
Expensive and glitchy software. Create interactive virtual reality experiences with hotspots using 360 media. Publish for VR headsets, or create projects for desktop that mix 2D and 360 slides. 30-day trial, about $400 with academic discount.
Elearning Brothers Webinar on new features in June 2019 update (VR updates start at 48:39)
Free 360 Photos
Limit your search to Creative Commons images, be sure to cite. (How do I cite?)
Capturing 360 Images
- Use your smartphone and download Cardboard Camera (free!). Note: move very slowly to capture 360 images.
- Use your smartphone and download Google Street View (free!). Note: some issues with stitching images
Editing 360 Images
- Editing 360 Photos for Virtual Reality
- Remove the tripod/photographer using Photoshop’s content aware tool (YouTube)
- Horizon Corrections – Edit360 App (~$5)
- If Cardboard image appears squished in 360 mode, add black background to top and bottom of image to make it into a 2:1 ratio.
360 Image Hosting (View Photos in 360)
Host your 360 photos. Share links or embed as iframes
Viewing Virtual Reality Projects
- Use your browser of choice – if one doesn’t work, try another, or try one of these:
- 360 experiences generally work in your phone’s browser
- Use a WebVR project in a headset
- Library Ebook: Learning web-based virtual reality: Build and deploy web-based virtual reality technology
by Srushtika Neelakantam and Tanay Pant, 2017
- Buy at Amazon: Complete Guide to VR & 360 Degree photography
by Jonathan Tustain, 2018
Available in print at Pollak Library as well
Virtual Reality Design & Development MOOCs
- Udacity – Intro to Virtual Reality
by Google Cardboard
Start anytime. Capstone project involves building a 3D VR project using Unity (free)
- Coursera – Intro to Virtual Reality
Specific start dates.
- Coursera – VR and 360 Video Production
Specific start dates.
Virtual Reality Web Standards
Works with WebGL to display Virtual Reality content
Creative Commons License
This web page, “Virtual Reality 101,” is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License by Lindsay O’Neill, lindsay-oneill.com.